The wooded countryside around St. Thomé, with its small valleys, is ideal for walking or riding on mountain-bike or horseback.
IF YOU’RE FOND OF SPORT, YOU’LL FIND SOMETHING TO PLEASE YOU DURING YOUR STAY AT LE MOULINAGE:
- Pétanque sur le terrain du Moulinage,
- Canoeing on the Ardèche or Chassezac Rivers,
- Acrobranching at Vals les Bains or in the Marsanne Forest,
- Escalade du Défilé de Donzère, des falaises du Chassezac, de la Beaume,
- Climbing the Défilé de Donzère, the cliffs of Chassezac, of Beaume,
- Free tennis at St. Thomé,
- Golf at the Domaine de la Valdaine (18 holes) or Clansayes (9 holes).
IF YOU’RE FOND OF ART AND HISTORY, YOU’LL FIND PLENTY TO SATISFY YOUR CURIOSITY WHEN YOU VISIT this "country of art and history":
- The archaeological site, Roman Amphitheatre at Alba la Romaine and the new museum,
- The Roman Bridge at Viviers and the Cathedral,
- The beauty spots of St. Montan, the Roman Church at Larnas, the tower at Mirabel and the remarkable basaltic neck at Sceautre,
- And also St.Thomé on its rocky peak featured in the novel «Ardéchois Coeur Fidèle».
SPORT AND HISTORY OF COURSE BUT GASTRONOMY IS ALSO THERE TO PLEASE YOUR TASTE BUDS.
- Above all, Martine’s cooking and home made delicatessen,
- Good restaurants with varied and/or imaginative cooking,
- And also future star-rated restaurants at attractive prices,
- Ripe fruit, ready to eat, to be picked from the trees (apricot, peaches, plums ……),
- Local truffles to be found at Richerenches market,
- Ardèche goat cheese just as good as Drôme cheese,
- Ardèche olive oil back again after being destroyed by heavy frost in ‘56,
- And the eternal Montélimar Nougat.
BUT ABOVE ALL, NO BODY BUILDING, NO EGGHEAD ACTIVITIES NOR FULL STOMACHS WITHOUT A GLASS OF WINE IN THE IMAGE OF LE MOULINAGE : NATURAL.
- You can taste natural regional wines, the fruit of protected wine-growing, respectful of both the soil and mankind.
- The pleasant taste of wine made entirely from grapes, where nothing has been added nor taken away.
FINALLY, BEFORE LEAVING OR DURING YOUR STAY:
- On the permanently sunny mornings you can stop off at one of the many village markets.
- You can make the morning last with a car boot sale, an antique fair, a visit to a pottery, an ecological museum or a craft workshop.
IF ALL THAT TERRIFIES YOU, DON’T BE PUT OFF, just relax by the riverside with a good book open or with it covering your face so the dragonflies don’t disturb your siesta.
Or finally just let your imagination run wild … are you a butterfly or a butterfly’s dream?